Sunday, August 12, 2012

Final Take - The Pegasus Necklace


The Pegasus Necklace



In reassembling the necklace with black agate beads and brass spacers between the polymer elements, I feel it looks more dressy this way. I do the final sanding and buffing, keeping the high gloss for the Burlesque Blend accents and leaving a fairly matte surface for the black areas. The contrast between matte and shine, between flat and glitter, between dark and light, between solid and pattern pleases me.  
The beads look fairly substantial but the work in making them "hollow" keeps the necklace from being heavy, so the time and effort to assemble the beads with internal support but no solid core was worth it.


4 comments:

  1. O.O

    That is Gorgeous! It turned out fantastic! Your ability to design pieces never ceases to amaze me. What a perfect piece to complete my fall wardrobe ;)

    Thank you for sharing your creative journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Sandy. Shall I put a "sold" sign on it?????

      Delete
  2. Superbe et impressionnant à la fois .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Louise! Je suis tres heureux de l'avoir termine comme ca! Je construit, maintenant, un nouveau collier et Je présenterai le processus de sa conception demain dans ce blog. Please excuse my poor French! Vickie

      Delete